Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Present: Deborah Brewster, Bill Cohen, Laura Sherman and Heather Candage, administrative assistant to the Select Board
- Minutes of the March 21, 2017 meeting approved and posted on March 30, 2017.
- The Select Board has followed up with several comments and suggestions from the annual Town meeting held on April 1. Brewster reports that she spoke with a representative from the Blue Hill YMCA and was assured that Brooklin residents would be eligible for benefits when the YMCA becomes open during weekend hours. Brewster also reports that the board has discussed with the ACO, Carol Ann Cutler concerning a complaint and Sherman states that a work order is in place for the streetlight repair across from the post office.
- Brewster pointed out that reappointments were needed for Michael Schneider for Planning Board, Robert Courtot for Appeals Board, David Tarr for the Shellfish Committee as well as the replacement of Cecil Holden’s position.
- The Select Board expresses gratitude to Tammy Andrews, Gigi Hardy and Heather Candage for their hard work and preparation for the Town Meeting.
- There will be a Blue Hill Falls Bridge meeting April 13, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. at the Blue Hill Town Hall.
- Cohen reports that the Town Assessor, Ellery Bane expects to have his field work done by mid-May. He will then finish up on June 5 with the intent to have the taxes committed on June 6.
- The Select Board elected Deborah Brewster as chair of the board for one year. All other standing board commitments will remain the same. Cohen motioned, Sherman seconded to appoint Carol Ann Cutler as ACO for one year and Judy Jenkins as deputy plumbing inspector each for one year.
- A memorandum of understanding was signed and notarized between the Select board and Steve White regarding an easement at the end of Center Harbor road and the Brooklin Boat Yard.
- The board plans to apply for a DEP permit within the next two weeks for the construction of a retaining wall at the end of Center Harbor Road. Bids for construction will go out mid-summer with hopes of the project to begin in the fall.
- Treasurer’s Report:
- March 21, 2017:
- March 28, 2017:
- March 21, 2017:
- Next Meeting: April 18, 2017 at 4:10 pm.
- Cohen motioned, Sherman seconded to adjourn at 4:27 pm. Aye-3, Nay-0