Town of Brooklin, Maine
Fourth of July Festivities
- Parade starts at 10 am.
- The Town Band will play next to the library prior to the parade.
- The PTF will be selling lemonade outside outside of Betsy’s Sunflower prior to the parade.
- The BYC will provide a chicken BBQ on the town green after the parade. BBQ chicken, hot dogs, corn on the cob, watermelon and more!
- Friend Memorial Library will be holding a cake sale fundraiser on the town green after the parade.
- The PTF will be running games for kids on the green: Chicken toss, roulette wheel, mini golf, sponge toss.
- Pea Pod rowing races at Bridges Point, starting around 2 p.m. Boats provided, no registration required. Cash prizes!
Maine DMR Shoreline Survey
The Maine DMR will be conducting a shoreline survey in our town for the 2015 season. Shoreline surveying work will begin May and continue until November. DMR staff, with assistance from DEP and DHHS officials will be walking the shoreline and making observations about potential pollution sources to coastal waters and shellfish areas. The survey is intended to assist towns in remediation efforts in order to either open or keep open local shellfish harvest areas. If a problem is found, DMR staff will record and send the town a copy of the information about the problem along with staff contact information. Thank you for your cooperation! Visit the DMR website for local closures.
Maine’s Unclaimed Property Program
Every year, tens of millions of dollars are turned over to the state when account owners cannot be located. Unclaimed property consists of bank accounts, uncashed checks, life insurance proceeds, and other financial properties. Search for Unclaimed Property.